Sunday 15 November 2015

Twist on the classic Caprese Salad

Recently, I have been trying to make a lots of salads and I keep looking for new ways of making them, to spruce up my lunch. This is a very simple salad, takes 5 mins to rustle this up. Its very rustic, have it with a chunk of bread if you want to make a big meal of it. I had it just like that :-)








Here is what you need,if you want to try it:

  • A large juicy tomato
  • a few baby basil leave
  • fresh mozzarella cheese ball
  • half an avocado - I like it s little firm, you can get it the way you like it
  • half a cucumber
  • Olives stuffed with Almonds
Dressing
  • Extra virgin Olive Oil
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • half a lemon
  • Salt to taste
  • fresh ground pepper
Prep:
  1. Slice up the tomato in thick rings
  2. Slice the cheese in discs
  3. Slice the cucumber
  4. Slice the avocado
  5. Tear up the basil leaves and sprinkle them over
Put it all together
Lay the tomato and cheese slices alternately.
arrange the cucumber and avocado slices on the side
Dot the olives around
sprinkle the basil leaves over the salad
drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and squeeze some lemon over to freshen everything up.
Crust some sea salt and fresh pepper. 
Its ready to serve :-) 
Mix the salad up the way you like it, this is how I did, you can mix it up the way you fancy :)



2 comments:

  1. I see that you have been blogging without my knowing about it. Your follow via email option seems to have disappeared along with the new look blog! Can you please incorporate the feedburner plugin? Thanks.

    And, a nice salad indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ramana. I have done it do you get my posts now?

    ReplyDelete